Friday, May 23, 2008

Hot-very hot day in South Texas today - and it is just May

Cloudy, muggy hot day today. Good day to stay insid and sew/stitch as the case may be.

I have new fabric that my daughter gave me to make another paper doll dress block for her daughter’s quilt. This one is to replicate a dress bought for her by a paternal aunt. It is pink and green with watermelon slices near the hem.

Mother’s Day we went through her closet and took pictures of several dresses. One I’ve already started but the photo I was working from didn’t give good detail so we got some good close-ups. Also added a total of 3 dresses for me to make copies of for her quilt.

One is a little girls dress made from an embroidered pillow case. It is darling. I have good detail photos so I can copy the embroidery design on her paper doll dress for her quilt.

When these are finished I’ll have 5 blocks with only 15 more to make. So far we are using fabric scraps from dresses made for her, but some of her purchased dresses if we can find similar material, like the watermelon one, we are making them as well.

One of the focal points to this quilt will be a replica as best I can of her christening dress.

No comments: