Sunday, August 2, 2009

Back to Stitching

Now that house is fairly organized and arranged I need to get busy on my projects. And the delima is which to start on first.


I did make 3 small coasters for a granddaughter and two great grandsons. I was sorting out some 4" squares into colors for a trip around the world quilt and found a few that really didn't fit - or that I didn't like with the others. I pulled out 3 (a hot pink, green and red) squares then used some felt and some 2.5" squares for a four patch block for the back. Sandwiched them together and machine quilted in an X corner to corner. They will be absorbent, can be tossed in the washer and think they will enjoy keeping their drinks on them. Since they are in their favorite color each will know which is theirs.


Now where do I start, I have complete kits for a couple of the art quilts and have more BOM kits coming to complete others. But they require fusible, I have it - know where it is, but haven't found my iron yet. Maybe in one of the next boxes I unpack - hope so.


So with that said, I'll do some of the hand sewing on the applique blocks I have together and in the meantime keep looking for that iron. And will try and finish up some Unfinished Objects (UFOs) that are partially completed.

No comments: