Wednesday, June 4, 2008

More organization

When you are collecting blocks (patterns and fabric) by the month for a number of quilt tops it can get confusing to say the least.



Some blocks like In Full Bloom, and several others use a lot of fabric and need a larger storage area. I started with plastic shoe boxes and that still works for some, but have moved to the next size plastic box (about the size of a double shoe box. I have 3 and need probably 4 more - a trip to the dollar store is in the near future.



Being at my granddaughter's house helping her at the moment makes my organization and storage a bit difficult. Her house isn't all that large (big enough for her family) and she really didn't have extra space for me. So I make do. Her boys should be starting prekinder and headstart in August and I hope to have my own place by then if not before.



I think for now I'll concentrate on one or two quilts at a time and just collect the others and store until I can get to them. Might make keeping things neater and tidy easier. I'm working on Vintage Valentine and Paper Doll Dresses at the moment and maybe should stay with them until finished - at least Vintage Valentine. The Paper Doll Dress quilt is for Madison and it is replicas of her dresses, so that may have to be put aside when I finish these 5 blocks until more dresses to choose from are available. Have 5 blocks finished on the first one and 5 started on the other - none finished yet.



Also, will work on the ring bearer's pillow for Krissie and Wesley's wedding- more of a keepsake as they won't be having a ring bearer in the ceremony as they are getting married in an adult resort on Antigua. At least that is my thoughts, could be wrong.

No comments: