Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Playing Kindergarten

Today felt like I was in Kindergarten (they didn't have it when I started school), or maybe 1st grade tracing patterns.


I traced onto freezer paper all the BOM Country Journal, Summer's End and Forgotten Barns, 11 blocks in all. Tomorrow hopefully I'll get them cut out ironed to fabric and cut out again, then ready to applique in place.


I have several blocks of the other quilts but need more fusible before I can trace them. Will pick some up at the local quilt store tomorrow, and have some in shipment from an online store, they had it in yardage from a bolt rather than in packages.


Also, selected fabric for my Bonnet Girls block, Think I'll do the one with the two standing on a varanda or porch. I'd though about the one with the girl in a swing but the porch roof is not of the right perspective and right now don't want to deal with fixing it - maybe later.


I'm collecting fabric (have some rock and building prints in shipment) to make the ones with bonnet girls and her lambs and ducks or geese (don't remember which).


The Bonnet Girls parts to the blocks are large enough that I'll do them as hand applique, as is the method used for Summer's End, Country Journal and Forgotten Farms (not barns).


Hopefully within the next week or so I plan to cut out a couple of the sane quilts I have. I'm anxious to see Weaver Fever finished. Also, hope budget will allow the purchase of a couple more using the poinsetta red fabrics and probably the fuschia one.


Was able to find some good bargins on EBay for some Fat Quarters that are now in shipment. Hopefully enough to make the sane quilt for Jimmy, Cherryl and Carlene. Haven't decided which one I want to make for Rusel.


I want to make a dear friend on of a clown and haven't found any patterns of clowns that I like.


If I can keep the ball rolling with the accomplishments I made today these quilts will be made before I know it. It is the dry spells of accomplishment in between that slows the process.


In Sept when I get my own place, I'll have room for my sewing and I'm so looking forward to that time. I know the unpacking and organization will take some time, but the end result will be so rewarding. Sew to hearts content when I want to stop, leave, close the door and it is all just as I left it when I return. Ideal for me. One Bedroom is on the Eastern side with lots of nice windows for lots of good natural lighting. Other bedrooms have a Southern Exposure which should allow for open windows and good breeze a lot of the time.

No comments: