Thursday, July 10, 2008

Tracing

For the past 3 days I have been tracing the patterns I use Freezer Paper for. I've used a box of 75 yards of Freezer Paper all but 3 squares and have one more Bonnet Girl pattern to trace.

Within the next several days I'll have new BOMs for Country Journal, Summer's End, and Forgotten Farms to trace along with more to trace on fusible (which I haven't started yet). I have In Full Bloom, Spring is in the Air, Storybrook Farm, Sea Breeze to trace to fusible. Then I have all the patterns on freezer paper to cut out, iron to fabric and cut out allowing seam allowance. I'll cut the fusible a bit bigger than the pattern and iron to the wrong side of fabric then cut along the pattern line so that the edge will be well fused.

Once all are cut out I'll collect by block in gallon Ziplock baggies until I'm ready to assemble the blocks. Most of my fabric is in storage, so those I have to select fabric for will have to wait to start in September when I've moved into my own place and got everything unpacked. I have collected some fabric while here and think I have enough selection to work on a couple of the bonnet girl blocks. I'm anxious to see them together. They are larger blocks than I've worked on before 22" x 30". I'm planning on using 8 blocks 2x4 to make a quilt for a granddaughter. I've put the photos side by side without sashing and like the look on paper. Will see how it works out in real blocks.

Also need to cut out the pattern for the next 4 paper doll dress blocks, so I can get those cut out and started. I now have enough of the fabric I'm using for the backgrounds of each block. It is 2 fabrics, same print tone on tone one in pale pink the other pale green. Still haven't decided what fabric to use for frames of the blocks or the sashing, I do have the fabric selected for the corner stones but that could change after selection of frames and sashing fabrics.

I see lots of sewing, lots of work, but now that I have lots of the fabrics I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: