Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My first Round Robin in a long Time

I've signed up for a round robin and really looking forward to it. This one is different from any I've done in the past.


We have a group of 5 ladies. We each make a block then send to the person just below each of us on the list. Then we each add a border to the block, sending to the person below us. Once it makes all the rounds the block with it's borders is returned to it's owner. At first I was hesitant, but after sufing I found a number of similar round robins and found the small quilts to be very attractive.

I've toyed with a dozen or more ideas in my head, and with each I really liked the thought but wasn't sure I had time to put it together. So while ironing some fabric that had to be washed after the fire, I found 2 pieces (1/2 yard each) of the same design. One is red design on white, the other the same design in white on red. So I will be making a checkerboard background square and applique red hearts on it, and maybe add a few white ones. The end of the Round Robin is the end of Jan which will mean it will be home in time to use for Valentine's Day. I plan to quilt it into a small quilt for a table topper for a "game" table I have in my living room.

No comments: