Monday, September 28, 2009

So Many projects where do I start

With the fire in my apt, then putting everything in storage, now in a house and unpacking has taken a big part of this year. No the unpacking isn't finished but it is getting there. Everything has to be cleaned before it is put away in the house - which is taking forever.


I do now have it down to where I can take time to do some fun things. I did the two blocks for the round robin on a Yahoo group. And I have enough of my craft/quilt/embroidery where I can start working on some things. HOORAY I've missed it. Making the two blocks really got my creative juices flowing again. I have the two blocks from other ladies in the round robin (RR) and I'll begin work on the border I am to add to each so they can be mailed hopefully prior to Oct 25 the scheduled date. Then I have a beautiful CQ quilt to assemble. It was made for a charity auction on a group of mine. It has been lost and was actually in storage when I thought it had been stolen when I had a break-in, now found I need to get it together. It will be assembled as one huge block, with all seams embellished with trim, gimp, lace, embroiery etc. Not sure of the backing yet. It is done in white/off white and ecru (mostly) with pastel embellishments, and is so striking. I may have to make one for myself as I really like the way it turned out. Rather than a solid light colored backing I may choose to piece on, and then tie the two together hiding the stitches in the embellishments on the front CQ side.


Yes, I know I have to many irons in the fire, but busy life keeps me young, if not in body otherways for sure. In November I will have my family here for Thanksgiving and I'm excited and looking forward to it. The first time I've been in a place in a long time where I could have them all. I thoroughly enjoy the day and cooking for them. We've had several gatherings at my youngest daughter's but I like to do it, so this year will get to.


I have a tower of plastic drawers that I just took outside and sprayed with the hose, it got partially clean now I will have to take soap and rag or pinesol and finish cleaning it. Then once it is dry will be able to put all my needles, threads, scissors, small rulers, etc in the drawers smaller ones. It has 4 small and 3 large drawers, the larger ones are perfect for the projects I'm working on when I want to have handy or put away till next time at the machine. Need to get another to put near my sewing chair in my bedroom for the hand stitched quilt and embroidery projects. I have two large plastic baskets of projects waiting on me there. Some where some time in the near future need to select a fabric and recover that chair - it matches nothing in my house, but love it.


Have 4 cornices to make and 2 chairs to upholster for the living room. Have the upholster fabric, just need to get rest of the materials.


Someone said on a group yesterday that they needed a few hours added to each day, that would help, but since that won't happen, need to make the most of the hours I have. Which I don't always, but think once the unpacking is done and things are more organized where I can find something when I want it without looking for hours

No comments: