Monday, November 9, 2009

Thanksgiving is almost here and this year is soon to be history. I moved here the 1st of June and it really doesn't seem like 6 months have elapsed - but they have.

A lot has been accomplished in that I have 75% of everything unpacked cleaned and most put away. I still have some fabrics, books and miscellaneous I'm still trying to devise the best way to organize so I can find something when I need/want it.

I'm working on a couple of Round Robins which were really neat ideas and work into a useful item for me. There are groups of 5 ladies (I'm in 2 groups because they were short a person). Each makes a block and sends to the lady on the list below her name. The remaining 4 ladies each add a border (pieced, appliquéd, decorated as she might) and when the 4th is added the piece is returned to the originator of the block. I have a small glass top table in my living room, for games, zig saw puzzles etc and think these will make really neat little quilted table toppers for it. So I chose two holiday themes (valentine's day and 4th of July) for my blocks. I also want to make other small table topper quilts to use in there for other holidays - Yes I Know I need more projects.

No comments: